Are you good with numbers, trustworthy, and detail-oriented? Do you consider yourself teachable? If you’re ready to become an important part of the team behind a successful and growing professional engineering and geospatial services firm, TWM wants to talk to you.
One of the largest civil engineering firms in the St. Louis area, we are currently taking applications for a Full-time Accounting Assistant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to help coordinate corporate Accounting functions. This position offers opportunity for advancement and career growth within the company.
Experience Level: 0-2 years of experience in accounting, preferably in the consulting/professional services
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Location: Based in Swansea, IL corporate office
Essential Job Functions:
- Create journal entries and carry out month-end processes
- Run in-house payroll
- Coordinate accounts payable, including reimbursables
- Reconcile credit card statements
- Assist with accounts receivable and invoicing clients
- Create and use Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
- Provide general accounting-related administrative support
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or equivalent work experience in a similar position and setting.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with PCs and a variety of software, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Deltek Vision or other accounting software, and the ability to easily learn new software.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting processes, procedures, and controls.
- Experience in general ledger account analysis/reconciliation.
- Ability to follow procedures, but also to observe and take initiative to suggest solutions for greater efficiency.
- Reliable, detail-oriented, organized, proactive, self-starter, team player, with good communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to juggle a variety of responsibilities and collaborate with staff in other offices/departments.
- Focus on accuracy, quality, and service.
- Interest/experience in collecting accounts receivable is a plus.
- Prior experience with a consulting or professional services firm is a plus.
- Understanding of business operations and processes.
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, and more.
- To apply visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Employment Application – Administrative Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Accounting Assistant” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be emailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil & Structural Engineering, Surveying, and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.