TWM is currently taking applications for an Administrative Assistant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to support our staff in the St. Louis area.
Experience Level: Prefer 2-5 years of experience in an administrative support role
Schedule: 24-32 hours per week
Location: Based in downtown St. Louis, MO with occasional reporting to Swansea, IL corporate office
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist TWM staff in administrative and office functions to include
- Preparing engineering and surveying documents such as contracts, reports, construction specifications, easements, legal descriptions, letters, templates
- Creating spreadsheets such as bid tabulations and construction schedules
- Filing, scanning, copying, printing, collating
- Use a multi-line phone system to answer/screen incoming calls. Route calls to appropriate staff. Direct calls to voicemail or take messages as needed.
- Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Prepare outgoing mail and shipping. Receive incoming mail and route to appropriate staff.
- Run occasional errands to local business and municipalities.
- Coordinate inventory of branch office supplies with corporate office, organize and store supplies.
- Coordinate with outside parties for office equipment repair, etc.
- Assist the marketing staff with printing, assembly, preparation of proposals, flyers, invitations, etc.
- Assist with meeting and event planning tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma. Post-high school training or coursework a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience in an administrative support role
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail, extreme accuracy, speed, good organization skills, proactive in identifying team needs
- Ability to juggle several tasks at once and prioritize tasks with critical deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, as well as PDF creation and editing. Experience with MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, MS PowerPoint, Prezi a plus. Should have the ability to learn new software.
- Friendly demeanor / ability to get along with all types of people
- Professional appearance
- Prior experience with an engineering or architectural firm a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off and more.
- To apply visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Employment Application – Administrative Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Admin Asst” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your school’s online system can be e-mailed, if applicable. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- If your software does not support this download, call (314) 241-6300 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil & Structural Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.