Now HIRING in the following offices:
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Thouvenot, Wade & Moerchen, Inc., one of the largest civil engineering firms in the St. Louis area, is currently taking applications from Civil Engineers with experience and specialization in Traffic Engineering. This full-time position could be based in Missouri, in either our downtown St. Louis or St. Charles office, or in Illinois at our Swansea office. TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil, Structural and Railway Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
Applicants must have a BS in civil or traffic/transportation engineering with at least 5 and preferably 10-15 years of experience. Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a EI/PE/PTOE preferred. Should be licensed in Illinois and/or Missouri, or able to easily obtain that licensure.
Responsibilities of the position could include:
- Traffic impact / analysis studies
- Transportation system analyses
- Intersection design studies, crash analyses, traffic signal warrant analyses
- Trip generation, traffic projection distributions, etc.
- Traffic signal timing design
- Field traffic observation and adjustments of controller boxes
- Left & right-turn lane warrant analysis
- Intersection capacity analysis
- Corridor / roadway system modeling
- Geometric improvement layout
- Coordination of intersection turning movement counts & reduction of data.
- Coordination with others on specific projects and oversight of staff assigned to traffic projects
The ideal candidate will possess most if not all of the following:
- Knowledge of traffic engineering principles and standards and ability to interpret and apply in various situations
- Direct experience in the above responsibilities on both public and private sector projects
- Prior experience utilizing traffic software such as Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS, TruTraffic, VISSIM, etc.
- Strong design skills using Microstation/GeoPak and/or AutoCAD
- Direct experience with DOT, local county and/or municipal transportation and traffic projects
- Ability to write clear, concise reports
- Ability to design and administer complex projects
This kind of person can be very successful within the TWM system, where employees are compensated for individual and team effort and where the firm is quick to share the rewards of that collective effort. Opportunity for the right person to grow and advance this service at TWM. We offer a competitive salary and fringe benefit package, with exceptional bonus incentives, regular salary reviews, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401K, and the opportunity for long-term career growth.
To apply visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions. Use the application for Licensed Engineers / EIs / Design Engineers. Indicate “Application – Traffic Engineer” in the subject of your email. An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed, or if necessary, your transcript can be e-mailed or sent under separate cover.
If your software does not support this download, call (314) 241-6300 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.