TWM is currently taking applications for an Advanced Traffic Engineer. We are looking for Civil Engineers with experience and specialization in Traffic Engineering.
Experience Level: At least 5 and preferably 10-15 years of experience
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in any TWM office location
Essential Job Functions:
- Traffic impact / analysis studies
- Transportation system analyses
- Intersection design studies, crash analyses, traffic signal warrant analyses
- Trip generation, traffic projection distributions, etc.
- Traffic signal timing design
- Field traffic observation and adjustments of controller boxes
- Left & right-turn lane warrant analysis
- Intersection capacity analysis
- Corridor / roadway system modeling
- Geometric improvement layout
- Coordination of intersection turning movement counts & reduction of data.
- Coordination with others on specific projects and oversight of staff assigned to traffic projects
- BS in civil or traffic/transportation engineering with at least 5 and preferably 10-15 years of experience
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer in Illinois, Missouri, or Tennessee and Professional Traffic Operations Engineer preferred. Engineer Intern (EI) certification at a minimum.
- Knowledge of traffic engineering principles and standards and ability to interpret and apply in various situations
- Direct experience in the above responsibilities on both public and private sector projects
- Prior experience using traffic software such as Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS, TruTraffic, VISSIM, etc.
- Strong design skills using Microstation/PowerGeopak and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Direct experience with DOT, local county and/or municipal transportation and traffic projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write clear, concise reports
- Ability to design and administer complex projects
- The right candidate with the experience, desire to market, and the social skills to match has the opportunity to develop client relationships and lead the traffic group for the department
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, as well as opportunity for long-term career growth.
This kind of person can be very successful within the TWM system, where employees are compensated for individual and team effort and where the firm is quick to share the rewards of that collective effort. Opportunity for the right person to grow and advance this service at TWM.
- Visit the How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Employment Application – Engineering positions.
- Indicate “Application – Traffic Engineer” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services in the Midwest and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.