TWM, one of the largest civil engineering firms in the St. Louis area, is currently taking applications for a CAD Technician position to support our Geospatial Department. We are seeking entry level candidates skilled in AutoCAD and other drafting applications.
Experience Level: 0-2 years
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in the corporate office in Swansea, Illinois, approximately 15 miles east of St. Louis
Essential job functions:
- Draft data collected from traditional surveying methods, 3D laser scan surveys
- Create and edit 3D models
- May assist with a variety of other geospatial-related functions including utility locating, land surveying, and GIS
- Occasionally work outdoors in all weather and at times as a 1-person crew
- High school diploma required. Associate’s degree in CAD Drafting, Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- Proven ability in Autodesk Software
- Solid knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 and Microsoft Office
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
- Work experience with 3D modeling and design, MicroStation, Revit 2014 software, Solidworks, Navisworks, 3Ds Max and/or other BIM applications is a plus
- Experience in IT / network administration is also a plus.
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- To apply, visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Geospatial Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Geospatial CAD Tech” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your school’s online system is acceptable at this stage. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover if necessary.
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil, Structural, and Railway Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.