We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with specialization in Low Voltage Distribution and Industrial Control applications. Position is in the Water / Wastewater Department, but may also support other departments / projects as needed. Future growth plans for TWM include further expanding into the electrical engineering field and adding support staff.
This could be an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional with proven knowledge, skill and ability. This kind of person can be very successful within the TWM organization, where employees are compensated for individual and team effort and where the firm is quick to share the rewards of that collective effort.
Experience Level: 5-10 years
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in our Swansea, Illinois corporate office, approximately 15 miles from downtown St. Louis
Essential Job Functions:
- Design facility electrical systems, including service and distribution
- Design control panels and process control systems
- Perform SCADA system design and integration
- Prepare plan sheets using Autodesk platforms
- Prepare technical specifications for electrical equipment
- Adhere to design standards including NEC, OSHA, IEPA and all applicable local codes
- Select, size and specify generators and use generator sizing software
- Review equipment submittals for compliance with plans and specifications
- Design building interior / exterior lighting, site lighting, roadway lighting using photometric calculation software
- Visit job sites to observe contractor installation / start-up of electrical equipment
- Conduct field testing and final inspections to assure compliance with plans and specifications
- Estimate costs for electrical work on projects
- Meet with clients to assist in resolving operational and/or maintenance issues
- Effectively communicate with clients, contractors and other stakeholders
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in Illinois and/or Missouri
- 5-10 years of experience with a majority of the tasks under Essential Job Functions
- Experience with water / wastewater lift station and treatment plant projects
- IDOT / MODOT highway lighting experience a plus
- Committed to accuracy
- Strong analytical thinking ability
- Control panel designs for wastewater collection system lift stations
- Complete electrical system design for wastewater treatment plants
- Site lighting
- Streetscape lighting
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays and Paid Time Off.
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Engineering positions.
- Indicate “Application – Electrical Engineer” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Surveying and Planning services in the St. Louis metropolitan region.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.