TWM, one of the largest civil engineering firms in the St. Louis area, is currently taking applications for a GIS /Geospatial Technician position. This is an entry level-position for individuals with backgrounds in geography, utility locating, and/or land surveying with 0-5 years of experience.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in the corporate office in Swansea, Illinois, approximately 15 miles east of St. Louis
Essential job functions:
- Performance of a variety of geospatial-related functions including utility locating, assistance with land surveying functions, and GIS
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather and at times as a 1-person crew, with potential for occasional office work
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Experience with the following Trimble products is beneficial:
- Robotic Total Stations
- Trimble Access
- GPS (GNSS) Receiver units
- Spar utility locating equipment
- High school diploma required. A college degree in Geography, Land Surveying or related field of study is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Some out-of-town work required
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- To apply, visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for CAD Design / Field Surveying Positions.
- Indicate “Application – GIS / Geospatial Technician” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your school’s online system is acceptable at this stage. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover if necessary.
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Interviews will commence as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil, Structural, and Railway Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
“Timely, accurate, cost-effective deliverables. High quality work. Good communication with client. Responsive to requests for services and information.”
“TWM did a great job on West Clay Street. Their plans were accurate and their estimating was spot-on. TWM always does a great job on our projects.”