TWM is taking applications for a GIS Specialist position. This position is responsible for creating, editing, providing and maintaining spatial data and cadastral mapping using ESRI’s ArcGIS Software. With TWM’s intent to expand GIS and 3D design services, this position would benefit from someone with the ability and drive to help develop business, grow market share and manage our efforts toward doing so.
Experience Level: 2 years with a Bachelor’s degree, 4 years with an Associate’s degree
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Location: Based in any TWM office including: Swansea, IL, Waterloo, IL, Edwardsville, IL, Peoria, IL, St. Louis, MO, St. Charles, MO, and Nashville, TN
- Performs various geoprocessing activities within the ArcGIS platform.
- Imports and exports dBases, tables, shapefiles, etc., along with check in/out data via the ArcPad platform.
- Manages data conversion, design, development, training, and quality assurance for GIS software systems applications.
- Develops, implements, and manages GIS data and its organizational structure/database environment. When needed, analyzes and interprets spatial data used in the production of maps, reports, and other products.
- Manages activities involving GIS projects. Develops and implements methodologies for the creation and use of spatial data including digitizing, editing, coding, and annotating line, point, and polygon data.
- Ensures proper functionality of hosted GIS services.
- Consults with Project Managers in the development of their GIS plans, goals, and objectives. Coordinates GIS activities between TWM and external agencies and clients.
- Designs, develops, and maintains GIS production schedules. Manages and monitors project progress to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Designs GIS project methodology for assigned projects to include the primary staff assistance in identifying needs and acquiring GIS products and services.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments in the geographic information systems field for application to responsibilities under charge.
- Retrieves, processes, and analyzes archived spatial data.
- Provides training and “help desk” assistance for any other staff in the use of GIS.
- May help provide GIS presentations to clients and potential clients.
- Determines budgetary requirements for GIS systems and provides long-range planning related to GIS.
- Functions as database administrator for all GIS related processes and projects.
- To the extent of individual knowledge, skill and ability, either current or in the future, may perform any or all of the above in relation to BIM, VDC, Revit or other similar software packages.
- Coordinates database and host server activities with IT staff.
- Troubleshoots issues and schedules and coordinates software patches, updates, and upgrades.
- Develops scripts used in geoprocessing and maintenance tasks.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Geography, or a related field and at least 2 years direct working experience with GIS systems; OR
- A 2-year technical degree and at least 4 years direct working experience with GIS systems.
- Preferred applicants will possess
- thorough knowledge of ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS for Server software
- experience working with Geodatabase maintenance and replication, spatial data, cadastral mapping, and SQL Server database maintenance, ArcGIS and Extensions, Visual Basic and Python.
- Candidates should have experience in CAD and GIS conversion.
- Experience in information technology, network administration, and virtualized server technologies a plus.
- Although not necessary, knowledge of and direct experience with BIM, VDC, Revit or other 3D modeling and design software, or the ability to learn such software, would be a plus.
- Similarly, experience with asset management software and possibly experience with establishing/maintaining GIS-centric asset management programs, could be a plus.
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays and Paid Time Off.
To apply visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions. Use the application for Geospatial positions. Indicate “Application – GIS Specialist” in the subject of your email. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover. If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please. Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil, Structural, and Railway Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.