TWM, one of the largest civil engineering firms in the St. Louis area, is currently taking applications from Land Surveying Students looking to gain experience in their chosen career field. This temporary position may provide an opportunity for full-time employment upon graduation, where TWM offers competitive salary and fringe benefits, exceptional bonus incentives, regular salary reviews and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Experience Level: Current sophomore, junior or senior
Schedule: Part-time during the school year (working around school schedule) and potentially full-time during the summer
Location: Based in Swansea, IL
Essential job functions:
- Ability to assist survey crew chiefs with a variety of tasks including:
- mathematical calculations
- use of robotic total stations, GPS equipment, UAV, 3D laser scanners, mobile mapping equipment, utility locating equipment, etc.
- performing ALTA surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys, and construction staking
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather, with the potential for occasional office work
- Ability with AutoCAD, MicroStation, Trimble total station and GPS equipment a plus
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Willingness to work hard
- Strong desire to learn
- Strong competency in math and excellence in overall studies preferred
- Desire to pursue licensure as a Surveyor in Training (SIT) and eventually as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to pass drug & alcohol and background screens required
- This temporary position may provide an opportunity for a continuing or repeat internships and full-time employment upon graduation, where TWM offers competitive salary and fringe benefits, exceptional bonus incentives, regular salary reviews and a non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- To apply visit twm-inc.com, click Careers and How to Apply and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Geospatial Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Survey Intern” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your school’s online system is acceptable at this stage. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover if necessary.
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Interviews will commence as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.