TWM, one of the largest civil engineering firms in the St. Louis area, is currently taking applications from Land Surveying Students looking to gain experience in their chosen career field. This temporary position may provide an opportunity for full-time employment upon graduation, where TWM offers competitive salary and fringe benefits, exceptional bonus incentives, regular salary reviews and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Schedule: Part-time during the school year (working around school schedule) and potentially full-time during the summer
Location: Based in the corporate office in Swansea, Illinois, approximately 15 miles east of St. Louis
Essential job functions:
- Ability to assist survey crew chiefs with a variety of tasks including:
- mathematical calculations
- use of robotic total stations and GPS equipment
- performing ALTA surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys, and construction staking
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather, with the potential for occasional office work
- Ability with AutoCAD, MicroStation, Trimble total station and GPS equipment a plus
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Willingness to work hard
- Strong desire to learn
- Valid driver’s license required
- Strong competency in math and excellence in overall studies preferred
- Desire to pursue licensure as a Surveyor in Training (SIT) and eventually as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) preferred
Indicate “Application – Land Surveying Intern” in the subject of your email. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover.
If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.