Are you a skilled wordsmith who can make technical subjects understandable? Do you have a reputation as a stickler for details? If you’re ready to learn how to market professional services in the engineering, geospatial services, and land surveying industry, Thouvenot, Wade & Moerchen, Inc., (TWM) wants to talk to you.
TWM is one of the largest civil engineering firms in the St. Louis area, and we are currently taking applications for a Full-Time Marketing Assistant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to help coordinate marketing efforts throughout the organization.
Experience Level: 0-5 years of experience in technical writing, marketing, communications, and/or graphic design
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime.
Location: Based in Swansea, Illinois with occasional reporting to downtown St. Louis location
Essential Job Functions:
- Assisting with production and graphic layout of TWM’s submittals for RFPs, RFQs and pre-qualifications, to include drafting and editing text, cover letter, and approach statements, along with graphic layout and other components specific to the proposed project;
- Developing and maintaining general promotional materials, including creating and updating company profile information, resume information for TWM staff, project descriptions, and editing project photos;
- Taking photos of project sites;
- Assisting with data entry into client management system;
- Preparing newsletters and similar documents and coordinating their distribution;
- Developing general display advertising for various publications;
- Supporting special events and promotional activities and sometimes attending such events as a representative of TWM;
- Helping maintain company website and social media channels;
- Preparing PowerPoint and Prezi presentations, exhibits, and other materials and assisting in the planning and scripting of such presentations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 0-5 years of experience in technical writing, marketing, communications, and/or graphic design
- A college degree or college coursework in business, marketing, graphic communications or a related field, or equivalent experience in a similar position and setting.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, detail-oriented, organized, proactive, teachable
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and take initiative to complete tasks with critical deadlines.
- Experience in photo editing, web design, and managing social media.
- Proficiency with a variety of software, including MS Publisher, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Prezi, CRM platforms, and Adobe Photoshop. Experience with Adobe InDesign a plus.
- Prior experience with an engineering or architectural firm a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off and more.
- To apply visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Employment Application – Administrative Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Marketing Assistant” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil, Structural, and Rail Engineering, Surveying, and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.