Are you a big-picture thinker with the vision and drive to lead a team in marketing professional services in the engineering, geospatial services, and land surveying industry? If so, Thouvenot, Wade & Moerchen, Inc., (TWM) wants to talk to you.
TWM is one of the largest civil engineering firms in the St. Louis area, and we are currently taking applications for a Full-Time Marketing/Business Development Director with the knowledge, skills and abilities to lead marketing efforts throughout the organization. This new position will need to have a primary presence split between both TWM’s downtown St. Louis office and the Swansea, Illinois, corporate office 15 miles east of downtown St. Louis. TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil, Structural, and Rail Engineering, Surveying, and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
The right candidate will be able to:
- Direct firm-wide marketing activities and establish marketing programs, policies, and procedures;
- Prepare the firm’s marketing plan, have major influence in the content of the plan, and upon executive approval, execute that plan;
- Seek business opportunities for the firm, investing time outside the firm making inroads with prospective and new clients through meaningful contacts, developing new relationships, and soliciting project opportunities, as well as guiding department and project managers with ongoing business development efforts;
- Supervise other marketing staff and direct technical staff in marketing duties;
- Represent TWM to current and prospective clients, teaming partners, and professional organizations;
- Use authority to make commitments on behalf of the firm. Needs to do so independently;
- Assist with preparation of proposals and other marketing materials as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: 10 years of progressive experience in professional services marketing. A college degree or college coursework in business, marketing, communications or a related field, or relevant experience in a similar position and setting. Demonstrated ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision, and to supervise and direct the work of others. Must have good writing, communications, and social skills, be detail-oriented, organized, proactive, and able to set goals and hold self and others accountable. Proficiency with CRM and desktop publishing software, including MS Publisher, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency with Adobe InDesign would be a plus. Prior experience in an engineering or architectural firm is preferred.
Competitive salary and exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
To apply visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions. Use the application for Administrative Positions. Indicate “Application – Marketing/BD Director” in the subject of your email. An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed, or if necessary, your transcript can be e-mailed or sent under separate cover.
If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.