TWM is currently seeking a Professional Land Surveyor – Project Manager to grow a land surveying / geospatial business unit using the latest technological tools. This full-time position would help establish and lead a physical presence in targeted geographic markets. We are looking for someone with enough experience and ability to immediately pursue and manage a variety of projects including boundary, ALTA/ACSM, and topographic surveys, construction layout, reality capture, GIS, and other geospatial services. This position works closely with the firmwide Geospatial lead to devise strategy and ensure consistent work product and quality standards.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of additional hours
Location: Based in Swansea, IL, Morton, IL, or St. Charles, MO
Essential job functions:
- Manage surveying and geospatial projects assigned to a specific office
- Prep, instruct and coordinate the work of field staff performing surveying and geospatial services on assigned projects
- Coordinate with office staff performing data processing
- Understand the wide variety of technology and tools TWM uses and implement innovative solutions to client challenges
- Cultivate and develop client relationships in targeted areas
- Serve as client point of contact and prepare client deliverables, including but not limited to: legal descriptions, boundary descriptions, boundary resolutions, cost estimates for project proposals
- Conduct site/field visits as needed
- An Illinois Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license, or a Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) certification with the ability to become licensed as an Illinois PLS or Missouri PLS within a year
- 5-10 years of experience in the performance and management of land survey projects
- Good social skills with the ability and desire to market TWM and its services, and the ability to develop client relationships
- Dedication to fostering teamwork, and willingness to learn and nurture TWM’s culture while working to grow this service. He or she will possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to establish goals and achieve them.
- Ability to guide and direct the work of other staff
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays and Paid Time Off.
This could be an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional with proven knowledge, skill and ability. This kind of person can be very successful within the TWM organization, where employees are compensated for individual and team effort and where the firm is quick to share the rewards of that collective effort.
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Geospatial positions.
- Indicate “Application – Swansea PLS/PM”, “Application – Peoria PLS/PM” or “Application – St. Charles PLS/PM” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 in Swansea, (309) 326-6030 in Morton, or (636) 724-8300 in St. Charles and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Interviews will commence as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying and other Geospatial services in the Midwest and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.