We are seeking an experienced professional to develop, implement, direct and oversee company-wide safety and risk management programs and activities. This person will be responsible for mitigation of risk and hazardous conditions related to work of field and office staff during the course of their job duties, with a goal of preventing accidents, injuries, and property damage.
Experience Level: 10+ years
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week or more
Location: Based in our Swansea, Illinois corporate office, approximately 15 miles from downtown St. Louis
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive company-wide safety program detailing safety standards and practices
- Ensure compliance with applicable safety-related laws, rules and regulations, including conducting any necessary record-keeping
- Conduct periodic staff safety training and safety audits and analysis
- Complete contractor/client health and safety questionnaires, ensuring TWM meets necessary requirements and addressing items that may be not applicable
- Additional duties in management of construction observation staff, direct observation / resident engineering of projects, civil design, CAD drafting, project management, and/or business development, depending on the candidate’s skills and background
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field
- 10+ years of full-time, post-graduation experience in a relevant field
- Knowledge and understanding of government regulations applicable to engineering and surveying industry (OSHA, ANSI, etc.)
- Familiarity with contractor management systems (Browz, ISN, etc.)
- Prior experience developing and managing company-wide safety program
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Since the safety duties are not expected to be full-time, the candidate should bring other qualifications such as skills and experience in one or more of the following:
- Management of construction observation / resident engineer field staff
- Construction observation, materials and quantities documentation, on-site materials testing
- Civil design
- CAD drafting in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Bentley MicroStation/GeoPAK with SS4
- Project management
- Business development
- Negotiation for land acquisition on locally-funded projects
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Indicate “Application – Safety Mgr.” in the subject of your email. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover.
If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.