TWM is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to become an integral part of our team and immediately help design a wide variety of bridge and other structural engineering projects for states, counties and other clients. Our highly qualified Structural team pursues and accepts both ordinary and not-so-ordinary projects. Using a combination of advanced technical knowledge, practical design, and understanding of constructability, we conceive unique solutions that can be built practically. If you have strong design skills, a passion for developing innovative solutions, a commitment to high-quality design, and a desire to contribute to a tight-knit team, we encourage you to apply.
Experience Level: Minimum of 5 years in bridge and/or other structural design
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in one of our 5 St. Louis/Southern Illinois offices
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform and/or direct the design of bridge and other structural engineering projects
- Prepare plans, specifications and estimates
- Conduct site/field inspections
- Work with engineers of all experience levels to produce innovative and high-quality solutions
- Career path could include project management and business development, where more client and stakeholder interaction, developing scope, schedules and budgets, billing, etc. are needed
- Must have an Illinois or Missouri Professional Engineer (PE) license. Illinois Structural Engineer (SE) license is highly desired.
- Must possess a Civil Engineering bachelor’s degree with structural emphasis. A Master’s degree with emphasis in structural engineering is a plus but not required.
- Must have at least 5 years of applicable full-time post-graduation experience.
- Demonstrated ability with CAD (MicroStation preferred), spreadsheets, and general structural analysis software.
- Motivation to tackle unique structural design challenges in addition to more commonplace projects.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively, and possess the ability to direct the work of junior staff.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Attention to detail.
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil & Structural Engineering, Surveying, and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond. Named a Top Workplace by The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, TWM prides itself on its culture. We are large enough to handle unique and challenging projects, but small enough to maintain a personal, family-oriented atmosphere, where our team members are more than just cogs in a wheel. They are talented individuals who are passionate about their work and about providing clients with Exceptional Service. Nothing Less.
- To apply visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Engineering positions.
- Indicate “Application – Structural Engineer” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.