TWM is taking applications for an experienced Structural Engineer to join our team and immediately help design a wide variety of bridge and other structural engineering projects for states, counties and other clients.
Experience Level: Minimum of 5 years in bridge and other structural design
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in one of our St. Louis or Southern Illinois offices
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform and/or direct the design of bridge and other structural engineering projects
- Prepare plans, specifications and estimates
- Conduct site/field inspections
- Work with engineers of all experience levels to produce innovative and high-quality solutions
- Opportunity exists to advance to project manager position, which involves directing projects and the work of other staff as well as cultivating client relationships.
- Must have an Illinois or Missouri Professional Engineer (PE) license. Illinois Structural Engineer (SE) license is highly desired.
- Must possess a Civil Engineering bachelor’s degree with structural emphasis. A Master’s degree with emphasis in structural engineering is a plus but not required.
- Must have at least 5 years of full-time post-graduation experience preferably in the design of several of the following:
- plate girder and pre-stressed concrete highway bridges
- large temporary and permanent soil retention structures (concrete, anchored steel sheet, cofferdams, etc.)
- above- and below-grade reinforced concrete tanks
- heavy foundations (piles, drilled shafts, etc.)
- Experience in construction and/or construction phase engineering (structural steel erection plans, demolition plans, etc.) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability with CAD (MicroStation preferred), spreadsheets, and general structural analysis
- Must be able to work independently and also possess the ability to direct the work of junior staff.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off and more.
- To apply visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Engineering positions.
- Indicate “Application – Structural Engineer” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil, Structural, and Railway Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.