TWM is taking applications for an entry level position in the field of Structural Engineering. We are looking for someone with the ability to join our team and immediately help in designing a wide variety of bridge and other structural engineering projects.
Experience Level: 0-4 years
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Waterloo, Illinois with the potential to transfer to another of TWM’s St. Louis area offices
Essential Job Functions:
- Design bridge and other structural engineering projects under guidance of licensed Professional Structural Engineers
- Make changes to designs from engineer’s mark-ups
- Assist in preparation of plans, specifications and estimates
- May assist in or conduct site/field inspections
- Must possess a Civil Engineering bachelor’s degree with structural emphasis
- Must have certification as an Engineer Intern (EI) or able to attain that certification quickly. Professional Engineer / Structural Engineer license is not required to start.
- 0 to 4 years of experience in bridge and other structural design.
- Direct experience in the design of plate girder and pre-stressed concrete highway bridges, large temporary and permanent soil retention structures (concrete, anchored steel sheet, cofferdams, etc.), above- and below-grade reinforced concrete tanks, and heavy foundations (piles, drilled shafts, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in construction and/or construction phase engineering (structural steel erection plans, demolition plans, etc.) is also a plus.
- Demonstrated ability with CAD (MicroStation preferred), spreadsheets, and general structural analysis
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and in a team
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays and Paid Time Off.
- Visit our How to Apply and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Engineering Positions or click here Employment Application – Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Structural EI” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil, Structural, and Railway Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
If your software does not support this download, call (618) 656-4040 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.