We are seeking a hard-working and self-motivated Civil Engineer with specialization in Transportation Engineering and enough experience and ability to join our growing team, and immediately help design projects for a variety of state, county and local road projects.
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in our Swansea, Illinois corporate office, approximately 15 miles from downtown St. Louis
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform the direct design of roadway, pedestrian and other transportation-related projects
- Work could involve design of drainage systems, detailed geometrics and traffic systems
- Prepare plans, specifications and estimates under direct supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer
- Opportunity exists to advance to project manager position, which involves directing projects and the work of other staff as well as cultivating client relationships.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Civil Engineering bachelor’s program
- Must have 3-5 years of full-time post-graduation experience in the direct design of roads, streets and/or highways, especially those with state and federal funding
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) or as an Engineer Intern (EI) with the ability to attain a PE license in Illinois or Missouri upon completion of 4 years of full-time experience
- Demonstrated ability in Bentley MicroStation/Power GeoPAK preferred
- Ability in AutoCAD Civil 3D a plus
- Experience in drainage, hydraulics, bike trails, ADA/PROWAG, or other specialties a plus
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
Use the Employment Application – Engineering Positions.
Indicate “Application – Trans. Eng.” in the subject of your email. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover.
If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Surveying, and Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.