We are seeking a hard-working and self-motivated Civil Engineer with specialization in Transportation Engineering and enough experience and ability to join our growing team, and immediately help design projects for a variety of state, county and local road projects.
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in our Swansea, Illinois corporate office, approximately 15 miles from downtown St. Louis
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform the direct design of roadway, pedestrian and other transportation-related projects
- Work could involve design of drainage systems, detailed geometrics and traffic systems
- Prepare plans, specifications and estimates under direct supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer
- Opportunity exists to advance to project manager position, which involves directing projects and the work of other staff as well as cultivating client relationships.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Civil Engineering bachelor’s program
- Must have 3-5 years of full-time post-graduation experience in the direct design of roads, streets and/or highways, especially those with state and federal funding
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) or as an Engineer Intern (EI) with the ability to attain a PE license in Illinois or Missouri upon completion of 4 years of full-time experience
- Demonstrated ability in Bentley MicroStation/GeoPAK preferred
- Ability in AutoCAD Civil 3D a plus
- Experience in drainage, hydraulics, bike trails, PROWAG, or other specialties a plus
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Indicate “Application – Trans. Eng.” in the subject of your email. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover.
If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.