TWM, Inc. is seeking a hard-working and self-motivated Civil Engineering graduate with the ability to become a vital part of teams designing a wide variety of water infrastructure projects.
Experience Level: Entry level (0-2 years)
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week
Location: Based in Swansea, IL
Essential job functions:
- Design water, sewer, and related projects under guidance of licensed Professional Engineers
- Make changes to designs from engineer’s mark-ups
- Assist in preparation of plans, specifications, and estimates
- May assist in stormwater planning and management, modeling, and design
- May coordinate with utility companies during the design process
- Conduct site/field inspections of project locations
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Civil Engineering bachelor’s program with an Engineer Intern (EI) certification.
- 0-2 years of full-time, post-graduation engineering experience.
- Some experience in the direct design of civil water infrastructure projects, whether post-graduation or as an intern, is desirable. Such projects include:
- Water and wastewater treatment plants
- Water storage tanks
- Sewer collection
- Water distribution infrastructure
- Experience on St. Louis MSD, other Missouri and/or Illinois public agency projects, along with an understanding of the policies and procedures of these entities is also desirable.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred.
- Experience in water and sewer modeling software a plus.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and in a team.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Attention to detail.
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Water Infrastructure EI” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be emailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil & Structural Engineering, Surveying and Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.