Civil Engineering CAD Technician
TWM is seeking a CAD Technician to become an integral part of our team performing civil engineering design for a variety of transportation projects.
Experience Level: 5-10 years in civil engineering design (transportation preferred)
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Swansea, IL
Essential job functions:
- Assist our engineers with planning and design of transportation infrastructure including roadways, trails, drainage facilities, pavement markings/signage, and other civil engineering items.
- Assist with Pavement Management systems programs and associated field inspections of pavements.
- Assist occasionally with construction observation of roadway, pedestrian, and other transportation-related projects representing project owner/TWM client to check that projects are built to plans and specifications.
- Juggle needs and deadlines for several simultaneous projects.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or a related field is a plus.
- Working knowledge of CADD (Bentley MicroStation with Geopak, PowerGeopak, OpenRoads, and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D software a plus).
- Working knowledge of Arch GIS a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and in a team.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Attention to detail while keeping big-picture goals in mind.
- Knowledge of relevant government regulations and funding mechanisms a plus.
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, flexible work location, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- To apply visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Swansea Transportation CAD Tech” in the subject of your email.
- If applicable, an unofficial transcript from your school’s online system can be emailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.