TWM is currently taking applications from Civil Engineering Students in the St. Louis area looking to work part- to full-time over the summer and potentially part-time during the school year to gain experience in civil engineering consulting.
Experience Level: Rising junior or senior
Schedule: Summer – 32-40 hours/week; School year – up to 20 hours/week
Location: Downtown St. Louis, MO
Essential job functions:
- Assist in the direct drafting and design of civil site, roadway, pedestrian, water, sewer, and related projects under guidance of licensed Professional Engineers
- Work could involve design of drainage systems, detailed geometrics, and traffic systems, as well as stormwater planning, management, modeling, and design
- Make changes to designs from engineer’s mark-ups
- Assist in preparing plans, specifications, and estimates
- Must be enrolled in an accredited Civil Engineering bachelor’s program
- Excellence in studies and strong desire to learn
- Ability and experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation in a previous job is preferred
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly, and work independently and in a team
- Strong competency in math
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
This temporary position may provide an opportunity for a continuing or repeat internships and full-time employment upon graduation, where TWM offers competitive salary and fringe benefits, exceptional bonus incentives, regular salary reviews, and a non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, we invite you to come experience what makes us unique!
- Visit How to Apply and follow the instructions.
- Use the Application for Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – StL Intern” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be emailed. Your transcript can sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.