We are currently taking applications from Civil Engineering and Construction Management Students in the St. Louis area looking to work part- to full-time during the summer to gain experience in Transportation Engineering.
Experience Level: Rising junior or senior
Schedule: 32-40 hours/week
Location: Based in Swansea, IL
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Resident Engineers with construction materials and quantities documentation, construction observation, and some on-site materials testing on a variety of transportation job sites.
- Work effectively with clients, contractors, and the general public.
- May assist in the direct drafting and design of roadway, pedestrian and other transportation-related projects or in preparing plans, specifications, and estimates under direct supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Must be enrolled in a Civil Engineering or Construction Management bachelor’s program
- Good project coordination and communication skills
- Excellence in studies and strong desire to learn
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Strong competency in math
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in construction observation a plus
This temporary position may provide an opportunity for continuing part-time employment during the school year and potentially full-time employment upon graduation, where TWM offers competitive salary and fringe benefits, exceptional bonus incentives, regular salary reviews, and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Visit How to Apply and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Engineering positions.
- Indicate “Application – Const Intern” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the Midwest and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.