Are you a big-picture thinker and strong communicator with the vision and drive to build relationships, guide and coach others, and manage multiple priorities? If so, TWM encourages you to apply for our Business Development (BD) Director opening. Key responsibilities include guiding and implementing BD objectives, building relationships, connecting contacts to solve client problems, coaching others, tracking progress toward goals, and communicating that progress up and down the organization.
Experience Level: Minimum of 5-10 years in A/E/C or a related industry
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Location: Any TWM St. Louis area location
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a firmwide BD plan and work with service line and geographic location leaders to write market segment-specific BD plans
- Oversee the implementation and execution of these plans
- Invest time outside the firm building and maintaining relationships, meeting with key contacts, and identifying strategic opportunities in new and existing markets
- Communicate directly with clients to understand their needs and offer solutions to their problems
- Open doors for Project Managers and Client Managers to grow their network of clients.
- Coach, train, and assist internal staff with strategies to win new clients, and on BD activities and CRM maintenance
- Make and give presentations to prospective clients and internal stakeholders
- Represent TWM at various industry-related events, such as conferences, social gatherings, sporting events, fundraising events, and organize lunch-and-learns
- Identify and research potential clients and competitors
- Own and manage BD tracking pipeline and CRM
- Coordinate with project managers and marketing staff to develop proposals
- Attend Go – No Go decision meetings and subsequent proposal development meetings
- Lead monthly BD meetings for all market segments
- Prepare monthly progress and status reports to company leadership
- Oversee company-wide professional organization memberships and involvement
- Track costs of each QBS proposal preparation and BD activities
- Track win-loss ratios for all project managers and departments
- Monitor market trends and changes in economic conditions to advise company leadership on future opportunities.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in BD, preferably in the A/E/C industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or a related field, or relevant experience in a similar position and setting
- Ability to close deals and follow through with technical staff on client service
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision, and to train and coach others.
- Must have strong management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Be organized, proactive, and able to set goals and hold self and others accountable
- Motivation to learn and become intimately acquainted with firm’s business goals and practices
- Proficiency with CRM software, Deltek Vision preferred
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil & Structural Engineering, Land Surveying and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- To apply, visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Application for Administrative positions.
- Indicate “Application – BD Director” in the subject of your email.
- If applicable, an unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.