Entry Level CAD Technician
TWM is seeking an entry level CAD Technician to support our Peoria office. We are looking for driven individuals skilled in AutoCAD and other drafting applications, who are interested in learning and using the latest technology to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Experience Level: Entry level
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Peoria, IL
Essential Job Functions:
- Draft preliminary and final drawings under the supervision of a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional Engineer.
- Prepare plans, specifications, and estimates under the direction of a licensed engineer.
- May assist with a variety of other functions including utility locating, land surveying, 3D extraction and modeling, and construction plans preparation.
- Work could include water/sewer/stormwater planning and management, modeling, and design.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. High school graduates must possess working knowledge of drafting standards via high school curriculum. Associate of Science degree in CAD Drafting or a related field is a plus as are individuals in pursuit of an Associate of Science degree in CAD Drafting, or Bachelor of Science program in Civil Engineering or Land Surveying.
- Proven ability in CAD software and drafting.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation and Trimble Business Center are a plus.
- Knowledge of land surveying-related tasks such as construction layout, survey equipment, etc. are a plus.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and within a team.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license.
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee become an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers – and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- To apply, visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Application – Geospatial Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Peoria CAD Tech” in the subject of your email.
- If applicable, an unofficial transcript from your school’s online system is acceptable at this stage. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.