TWM is seeking a hard-working and self-motivated Civil Engineering graduate with specialization in Transportation Engineering and enough experience and ability to join our growing team, and immediately help design projects for a variety of state, county, and local road projects.
Experience Level: 0-5 years
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Swansea, IL
Essential Job Functions:
- Design roadway, pedestrian, or related projects under guidance of licensed Professional Engineers
- May assist in design of drainage systems, detailed geometrics, and traffic systems
- Make changes to designs from engineer’s mark-ups
- Assist in preparation of plans, specifications, and estimates
- May coordinate with utility companies or other stakeholders during the design process
- May conduct site/field visits
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Civil Engineering bachelor’s program
- Certification as an Engineer Intern (EI) or plans to obtain certification in the next 6 months, with the ability to attain an Illinois PE license upon completion of 4 years of full-time experience
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Bentley MicroStation/GeoPAK/SS4 experience is a plus
- Prior internship or post-graduate experience in the direct design of roads, streets and/or highways is a plus
- Experience in construction observation/field work a plus
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, flexible work location, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- To apply, visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Application – Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Swansea Transp EI” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover, if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.