TWM, one of the largest civil engineering and surveying firms in the St. Louis area, is currently taking applications from Land Surveying Students looking to gain experience in their chosen career field.
Experience Level: Current sophomore or junior year
Schedule: Full-time during the summer, potentially continuing part-time during the Spring school semester
Location: Based in Swansea, IL
Essential job functions:
- Ability to assist survey crew chiefs with a variety of tasks, including:
- Mathematical calculations
- Use of robotic total stations, GPS equipment, UAV, 3D laser scanners, mobile mapping equipment, utility locating equipment, etc.
- Performing ALTA surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys, and construction staking
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather, with the potential for occasional office work
- Ability with AutoCAD, MicroStation, Trimble total station and GPS equipment a plus
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Willingness to work hard
- Strong design to learn
- Strong competency in math and excellence is overall studies preferred
- Desire to pursue licensure as a Surveyor in Training (SIT) and eventually as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol and background screens required
This temporary position may provide an opportunity for continuing or repeat internships and full-time employment upon graduation, where TWM offers competitive salary and fringe benefits, exceptional bonus incentives, regular salary reviews and a non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, we invite you to come experience what makes TWM unique!
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Geospatial positions.
- Indicate “Application – Survey Intern” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your school’s online system is acceptable at this stage.
- Apply early. Interviews will commence as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.