TWM is taking applications from current civil engineering, and/or CAD design students to support our Peoria Office, while gaining experience in their chosen career field.
Experience Level: Current college freshman, sophomore, or junior
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime in the summer
Possible part-time work during the spring semester
Location: Based in Peoria, IL
Essential job functions:
- Assist field survey crew chiefs with a variety of tasks including:
- Mathematical calculations
- Use of robotic total stations, GPS equipment, UAV, 3D laser scanners, mobile mapping equipment, utility locating equipment, etc.
- ALTA surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys, and construction staking
- Prepare preliminary and final CAD drawings and mark-ups under the supervision of a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional Engineer
- Prepare plans, specifications, and estimates under the direction of a licensed engineer
- Work outdoors in all weather and in the office at times
- High school diploma or equivalent required. In pursuit of Associate of Science degree in CAD drafting, or Bachelor of Science program in civil engineering or Land Surveying preferred
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Ability with Trimble total station and GPS equipment a plus
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, and Trimble Business Center a plus
- Knowledge of land surveying-related tasks such as construction layout, survey equipment, etc. are a plus
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently/in a team
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol and background screens
This temporary position may provide an opportunity for a continuing or repeat internships and full-time employment upon graduation, where TWM offers competitive salary and fringe benefits, exceptional bonus incentives, regular salary reviews, and a non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, we invite you to come experience what makes us unique!
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Geospatial Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Peoria Intern” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your school’s online system is acceptable at this stage. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.