TWM is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer – Project Manager with specialization in Transportation Engineering in the Nashville, TN area, to become a key member of our team. This could be an exciting position for someone ready to help secure, manage, and design projects to grow this service for TWM in the Nashville market.
Experience Level: 6-10 years in design of a wide variety of state, county, and local government roadway projects
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Franklin, TN
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform and/or direct the design of transportation engineering projects.
- Prepare and/or check reports, studies, design calculations, plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Conduct site/field visits.
- Work with engineers of all experience levels to produce innovative and high-quality solutions.
- Assist with preparing proposals and statements of qualifications for projects.
- Manage scope, budget, schedule, and client needs for several simultaneous projects.
- Participate in business development efforts.
- Must have a Tennessee Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Must possess a Civil Engineering bachelor’s degree
- 6 to 10 years of experience post-graduation with at least 3 years in the design of roadways, streets, and/or highways
- Experience with Tennessee local government, TDOT, and/or other greater Nashville area transportation projects, along with an understanding of the policies and procedures of these entities
- Experience in the direct procurement, management, and design of such projects in the Nashville metro area is strongly preferred
- Must be able to cultivate and develop client relationships
- Must be proficient with Bentley MicroStation with Geopak and/or PowerGeopak software
- Experience in another “specialty” such as Traffic analysis (PTOE certification), hydraulics/hydrology, or greenways/recreational trails/PROWAG is a plus
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively, and possess the ability to direct the work of junior staff
Future opportunity exists for the right person to lead and grow the Transportation group in the middle Tennessee market. Favorable characteristics of such candidates include good social skills with the ability and desire to market engineering services, dedication to fostering teamwork, and a willingness to learn and nurture TWM’s culture. That person should be driven by an entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to establish relevant goals and achieve them.
An experienced professional with proven knowledge, skill, and ability can be very successful within the TWM organization, where employees are compensated for individual and team effort and where the firm is quick to share the rewards of that collective effort. Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, and more.
- Visit the How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Employment Application – Engineering positions.
- Indicate “Application – TN Transportation Engineer/PM” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Surveying, and other Geospatial services. Named a Top Workplace, TWM prides itself on its culture. We are large enough to handle unique and challenging projects, but small enough to maintain a personal, family-oriented atmosphere. where our team members are more than just a number. They are talented individuals who are passionate about their work and about providing clients with Exceptional Service. Nothing Less.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.