TWM is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer – Project Manager with specialization in Transportation Engineering in downstate IL, to become a key member of our team.
Experience Level: 6-10 years in civil engineering design, with emphasis in transportation/roadway design
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Swansea or Edwardsville, IL
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform and/or direct the design of transportation engineering projects.
- Prepare and/or check reports, studies, design calculations, plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Conduct site/field visits.
- Work with engineers of all experience levels to produce innovative and high-quality solutions.
- Assist with preparing proposals and statements of qualifications for projects.
- Manage scope, budget, schedule, and client needs for several simultaneous projects.
- Participate in business development efforts.
- Must have a Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Must possess a Civil Engineering bachelor’s degree
- 6 to 10 years of experience post-graduation with at least 3 years in the design of roadways, streets, and/or highways
- Experience with local government and/or other transportation projects, along with an understanding of the policies and procedures of these owner entities
- Experience in the direct procurement, management, and design of such projects in IL is strongly preferred
- Must be able to cultivate and develop client relationships
- Proficiency in Bentley MicroStation with Geopak, PowerGeopak, OpenRoads, and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D software is a plus
- Experience in another “specialty” such as Traffic analysis (PTOE certification), hydraulics/hydrology, or greenways/recreational trails/PROWAG is a plus
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively, and possess the ability to direct the work of junior staff
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible work location, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- Visit the How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Application – Engineering positions.
- Indicate “Application – IL Transportation PE/PM” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.