TWM is seeking an experienced Professional Land Surveyor looking to support the continued growth of a land surveying / geospatial business unit using the latest technological tools. In Missouri and Peoria, IL, this position would help lead TWM’s surveying services. We are looking for someone with enough experience and ability to immediately pursue and manage a variety of projects including boundary, ALTA/NSPS, and topographic surveys, construction layout, reality capture, GIS, and other geospatial services.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of additional hours
Location: Based in Columbia, MO, Peoria, IL, or Franklin, TN
Essential job functions:
- Manage surveying and geospatial projects
- Prep, instruct, and coordinate the work of field staff performing surveying and geospatial services on assigned projects
- Coordinate with office staff performing data processing
- Understand the wide variety of technology and tools TWM uses and implement innovative solutions to client challenges
- Cultivate and develop client relationships throughout the local area and beyond
- Serve as client point of contact and prepare client deliverables, including but not limited to, legal descriptions, boundary descriptions, boundary resolutions, cost estimates for project proposals
- Conduct site/field visits as needed
- A Missouri, Illinois, or Tennessee Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license, as applicable
- 5+ years of experience in the performance and management of land survey projects
- Good social skills with the ability and desire to market TWM and its services, and the ability to develop client relationships
- Dedication to fostering teamwork and willingness to learn and nurture TWM’s culture while working to grow this service. He or she will possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to establish goals and achieve them.
- Ability to guide and direct the work of other staff
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers – and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Geospatial positions.
- Indicate “Application – MO PLS” for the Columbia, MO position, “Application – Peoria PLS” for the Peoria, IL position, or “Application – Franklin PLS” for the Franklin, TN position in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Interviews will commence as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.