TWM is seeking a Residential Site Planner/Entry Level Civil Engineer in the Nashville, TN, area to become an integral part of our team. This could be an exciting position for someone ready to help design projects and grow this service in the Nashville market.
Experience Level: 1-4 years in residential site design
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Franklin, TN
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and design residential building site lots and developments under guidance of licensed Professional Engineers
- Prepare site and grading plans, working drawings, specifications, and cost estimates
- Understand and apply relevant state, county, and local codes, ordinances, and regulations
- Juggle needs and deadlines for several simultaneous projects
- May coordinate with various project stakeholders during the design process
- Conduct site/field visits
- May attend evening / weekend meetings
- May assist in preparing proposals and statements of qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least 1 year of post-graduation experience in the civil engineering or planning profession
- Industry experience in the Nashville metro area is preferred
- A Tennessee Professional Engineer (PE) license or Engineer Intern (EI) certification is a plus
- Knowledge of planning principles and practices, with specialization in residential land use a plus
- Knowledge of relevant government regulations and funding mechanisms a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Experience with Bentley Pondpack, StormCAD, AutoDesk Hydraflow Hydrographs Extension, CivilGEO GeoHECRAS, and/or XP Solutions XPSWMM a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and in a team
- Willingness to work hard
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, and more.
- To apply, visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Application – Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – TN Residential Site Planner” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Surveying, and other Geospatial services. Named a Top Workplace, TWM prides itself on its culture. We are large enough to handle unique and challenging projects, but small enough to maintain a personal, family-oriented atmosphere, where our team members are more than just a number. They are talented individuals who are passionate about their work and about providing clients with Exceptional Service. Nothing Less.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.