TWM is taking applications for an entry level position in the field of Structural Engineering. We are looking for someone with the ability to join our team and immediately help in designing a wide variety of bridge and other structural engineering projects. Our highly qualified Structural team pursues and accepts both ordinary and not-so-ordinary projects. Using a combination of advanced technical knowledge, practical design, and understanding of constructability, we conceive unique solutions that can be built practically. If you have strong design skills, a passion for developing innovative solutions, a commitment to high-quality design, and a desire to contribute to a tight-knit team, we encourage you to apply.
Experience Level: 0-4 years
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Columbia, MO, with partial, temporary work-from-home arrangements
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the design of bridges and other structures under the guidance of licensed Professional Structural Engineers
- Assist in preparation of plans, specifications, and estimates
- Work with engineers of all experience levels to produce innovative and high-quality solutions
- May assist in or conduct site/field inspections
- Must possess a Civil Engineering bachelor’s degree with structural emphasis
- Must have certification as an Engineer Intern (EI) or able to attain that certification quickly. Professional Engineer / Structural Engineer license is not required to start.
- Demonstrated ability with CAD (MicroStation preferred), spreadsheets (Excel), and general structural analysis software
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Motivation to tackle unique structural design challenges in addition to more commonplace projects
- Direct experience in the design of plate girder and pre-stressed concrete highway bridges, large temporary and permanent soil retention structures (concrete, anchored steel sheet, cofferdams, etc.), above- and below-grade reinforced concrete tanks, and heavy foundations (piles, drilled shafts, etc.) is a plus but not required
- Experience in construction and/or construction phase engineering (structural steel erection plans, temporary soil retention, temporary support, etc.) is also a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with MoDOT bridge and roadway design policy is a plus but not required
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, flexible work location, and more.
- Visit our How to Apply and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Engineering Positions or click here Employment Application – Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Structural EI” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- If your software does not support this download, call (618) 624-4488 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil, Structural, and Railway Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond. Named a Top Workplace by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, TWM prides itself on its culture. We are large enough to handle unique and challenging projects, but small enough to maintain a personal, family-oriented atmosphere, where our team members are more than just cogs in a wheel. They are talented individuals who are passionate about their work and about providing clients with Exceptional Service. Nothing Less.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.