Structural Engineering Designer (EI)
TWM is taking applications for a position in the field of Structural Engineering. We are looking for someone with the ability to join our team and immediately help in designing a wide variety of bridge and other structural engineering projects. Our highly qualified Structural team pursues and accepts both ordinary and not-so-ordinary projects. Using a combination of advanced technical knowledge, practical design, and understanding of constructability, we conceive unique solutions that can be built practically. If you have strong design skills, a passion for developing innovative solutions, a commitment to high-quality design, and a desire to contribute to a tight-knit team, we encourage you to apply.
Experience Level: 0-4 years of full-time post-graduation experience
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Columbia, IL
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the design of bridges and other structures under the guidance of licensed Professional Structural Engineers
- Assist in preparation of plans, specifications, and estimates
- Work with engineers of all experience levels to produce innovative and high-quality solutions
- May assist in or conduct site/field inspections
- Must possess a Civil Engineering bachelor’s degree with structural emphasis. Minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Must have certification as an Engineer Intern (EI). Professional Engineer / Structural Engineer license is not required to start.
- Demonstrated ability with CAD (MicroStation and Auto CAD), spreadsheets (Excel), and general structural analysis software.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Attention to detail.
- Motivation to tackle unique structural design challenges in addition to more commonplace projects.
- Direct experience in the design of plate girder and pre-stressed concrete highway bridges, large temporary and permanent soil retention structures (concrete, anchored steel sheet, cofferdams, etc.), above- and below-grade reinforced concrete tanks, and heavy foundations (piles, drilled shafts, etc.) is a plus but not required.
- Experience in construction and/or construction phase engineering (structural steel erection plans, temporary soil retention, temporary support, etc.) is a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with IDOT and MoDOT bridge design policy is a plus but not required.
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance-based bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, flexible work location, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers – and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Complete the Employment Application – Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Structural EI” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.