We are seeking an experienced Illinois Civil Engineer with specialization in Transportation Engineering to become a key member of our team.
Experience Level: 4-6 years in civil engineering design desired, but not required, with emphasis in transportation/roadway design
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Swansea or Peoria, IL
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform the direct design of roadway, pedestrian, and other transportation-related projects.
- Work could involve design of drainage systems, detailed geometrics, and traffic systems.
- Prepare reports, studies, design calculations, plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Conduct site/field visits.
- Work with engineers of all experience levels to produce innovative and high-quality solutions.
- Opportunity exists to advance to a project manager position, which involves directing projects and the work of other staff as well as cultivating client relationships and preparing proposals.
- Must have a Professional Engineer (PE) license, or be able to readily obtain one, or an Engineer Intern (EI) certification working to obtain a PE.
- Must possess a Civil Engineering bachelor’s degree.
- 4-6 years of experience post-graduation desired, but not required, with some experience in the design of roadways, streets, and/or highways preferably.
- Proficiency in Bentley MicroStation with Geopak, PowerGeopak, OpenRoads, and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Experience in another “specialty” such as Traffic analysis (PTOE certification), hydraulics/hydrology, or greenways/recreational trails/PROWAG a plus.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, flexible work location, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Employment Application – Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Swansea Transportation Engineer” for the Swansea, IL position, or “Application – IL Transportation PE” for the Peoria, IL position in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be emailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.