TWM is seeking a Civil Engineer with experience and specialization in Transportation and/or Traffic Engineering.
Experience Level: At least 2 years of post-Bachelor’s degree experience in transportation and/or traffic engineering
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Location: Based in Chattanooga or Franklin, TN, with flexible options from other locales in eastern or middle Tennessee
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform traffic analysis and modeling
- Prepare traffic impact studies, including trip generation, traffic projection distributions, etc.
- Complete intersection design studies, intersection capacity analyses, traffic signal and turn-lane warrant analyses
- Assist in TMP, MOT, and other traffic-related designs that support overall roadway projects
- Perform roadside safety and crash analyses
- Provide recommendations for countermeasures and safety improvements
- BS in civil or traffic/transportation engineering with at least 2 years of post-graduation experience
- Engineer Intern certification or Professional Engineer license in Tennessee, Illinois, or Missouri (or the ability to obtain)
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification is a plus
- Knowledge of transportation and traffic engineering principles and standards, and ability to interpret and apply in various situations
- Knowledge of traffic analyses software such as Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS, and SIDRA
- Familiarity with the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and the AASHTO Green Book
- Design skills using Microstation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Direct experience with DOT, local county, municipal, and/or developer driven transportation and traffic projects is preferred
- Ability to compose recommendations and clearly communicate analysis and recommendations in written reports
- Capability and design to assist with business development and client relationships is a plus
- Willingness to represent TWM at conferences and professional societies is a plus
- Experience in the following would also be a plus:
- Corridor/analysis modeling
- Traffic signal design, signal timing optimization
- Field traffic observation and adjustments of controller boxes
- Intelligent Transportation System design
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, and more.
This person can be very successful within the TWM system, where employees are compensated for individual and team effort and where the firm is quick to share the rewards of that collective effort. This position can be a learning opportunity for someone looking to advance his/her skills while working for our existing clients. Opportunity also exists for the right person to grow and advance this service at TWM and take on a leadership role if desired.
- Visit the How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the Application – Engineering positions.
- Indicate “Application – Transp/Traffic Engineer” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.