TWM is currently taking applications from individuals experienced in the performance and management of utility locating who are seeking an opportunity to lead a business unit using the latest technological tools. This full-time position would help establish and lead utility locating services as part of TWM’s Geospatial Services division. We are looking for someone with enough experience and ability to immediately pursue and manage a variety of projects. This position will work closely with TWM’s Geospatial leaders to devise strategy and deliver consistent service and quality standards.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of additional hours
Location: Based in Peoria or Swansea, IL
Essential job functions:
- Manage utility locating projects
- Prep, instruct, and coordinate the work of field staff performing utility locating and related geospatial services
- Coordinate with office staff performing data processing
- Understand the wide variety of technology and tools TWM uses and implement innovative solutions to client challenges
- Cultivate and develop client relationships to win projects in targeted areas
- Serve as client point of contact and prepare client deliverables, cost estimates, and project proposals
- Conduct site/field visits as needed
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of experience in the performance and management of utility locating projects.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software. Some experience with AutoCAD is preferred, but not required. Experience with Utility Locating Software a plus.
- Excellent social and communication skills with the ability and desire to market TWM and its services, and the ability to develop client relationships.
- Dedication to fostering teamwork, and willingness to learn and nurture TWM’s culture while working to grow this service. Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to establish goals and achieve them.
- Ability to guide and direct the work of other staff.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Attention to detail.
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, flexible work location, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers – and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
This could be an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional with proven knowledge, skill, and ability. This kind of person can be very successful within the TWM organization, where employees are compensated for individual and team effort and where the firm is quick to share the rewards of that collective effort.
- To apply, visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Geospatial Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Utility Locating Manager” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your school’s online system is acceptable at this stage. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Interviews will commence as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.