TWM, Inc. is taking applications for a professional licensed Project Engineer with design experience in the field of Water / Wastewater Engineering. We are looking for someone with enough experience and ability to join our Water Infrastructure Services team and immediately help in pursuing and designing a variety of civil engineering projects. Opportunity exists for advancement to a project management role.
Experience Level: 5-10 years of full-time post-graduation experience
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in an IL or TN office (Peoria-IL, Swansea-IL, Edwardsville-IL, Columbia-IL, Franklin-TN, Chattanooga-TN)
Essential job functions:
- Perform and/or direct the design of water and wastewater engineering projects
- Work with engineers of all experience levels to produce innovative and high-quality solutions
- Cultivate client relationships
- Prepare plans, specifications and estimates
- Conduct site/field inspections
- Must have an Illinois or Tennessee Professional Engineer (PE) license, or the ability to become licensed quickly
- Must possess a Civil Engineering bachelor’s degree
- At a minimum, must have 5 years of full-time post-graduation experience with a majority in the design of water and wastewater treatment plants, water towers, sewer and water infrastructure on municipal / public agency projects, along with an understanding of the policies and procedures of these entities
- Project experience in the cities and counties surrounding desired office location preferred
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficiency with Bentley MicroStation and Geopak software, XP Solutions xpswmm, Pizer Incorporated HYDRA®, Bentley SewerGEMS and WaterCAD, or similar software is a plus
- Experience in advanced stormwater / watershed management planning, modeling and design, green infrastructure, or another “specialty” a plus
- Potential exists for additional managerial and/or project management responsibilities in the future
- Must be able to develop client relationships and work independently
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, flexible work location, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil & Structural Engineering, Land Surveying and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – WW PE” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system is acceptable at this stage. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Return to Jobs at TWM.