TWM, Inc., one of the largest civil engineering firms in the St. Louis area, is currently taking applications from experienced Civil Engineers with specialization in Water/Wastewater Engineering for an exciting opportunity to lead a Water Infrastructure Design Group. We are looking for someone with enough experience and ability to lead a Water Infrastructure Services team and immediately help in pursuing, managing, and designing a variety of water supply and distribution systems in addition to public and private wastewater collection and treatment facilities. This management level position leads a group of professionals in the direct performance of engineering design for our clients. Works closely with the firmwide Water Infrastructure Lead to devise strategy and ensure consistent work product and quality standards.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in downtown St. Louis, MO or Swansea, IL
Essential job functions:
- Direct the design of water and wastewater engineering projects in assigned state (MO or IL)
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff in the assigned state to produce innovative and high-quality solutions
- Cultivate client relationships in targeted areas throughout the state
- Oversee preparation of plans, specifications and estimates
- Conduct site/field visits
- A Missouri or Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) license, or the ability to become licensed in one or both states quickly.
- A Civil Engineering bachelor’s degree.
- At a minimum, 10 years of experience in the design of water and wastewater projects.
- Experience in the design of water and wastewater treatment plants, water storage facilities, sewer collection, and water distribution infrastructure on St. Louis MSD, other Missouri and/or Illinois public agency projects along with an understanding of the policies and procedures of these entities.
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with water, stormwater, and waste water hydraulic modeling software
- Experience in advanced stormwater / watershed management planning, modeling and design, transient modeling analysis, green infrastructure, geomorphology or another “specialty” a plus.
- Good social skills with the ability and desire to market the department and its services, and the ability to develop client relationships
- Dedication to fostering teamwork, and willing to learn and nurture TWM’s culture while working to grow this service. He or she will possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to establish goals and achieve them.
- Ability to direct the work of other staff, and to guide, coach and help in their professional development
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays and Paid Time Off.
This could be an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional with proven knowledge, skill and ability. This kind of person can be very successful within the TWM organization, where employees are compensated for individual and team effort and where the firm is quick to share the rewards of that collective effort.
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Use the application for Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – WW Mgr” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your school’s online system is acceptable at this stage. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover if necessary.
- If your software does not support this download, call (314) 241-6300 and ask that an application form be mailed to you. No other phone calls, please.
- Apply early. Interviews will commence as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil & Structural Engineering, Surveying and other Geospatial services in the St. Louis metropolitan region and beyond.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.